popAI has been steadily gaining visibility and positioning within the security research ecosystem. In this context, popAI was invited by DG HOME to participate in the workshop CERIS: Community for European Research and Innovation for Security in Brussels on 7 April 7 2022.
Project Coordinator Dimitris Kyriazanos, from NCSR Demokritos participated in the workshop whilst Agata Gurzawska, from partner Trilateral Research – an expert focusing on international public and human rights law & ethics of technology – joined the dedicated panel for PPS and privacy to discuss privacy regulations concerning protection of public spaces, especially from the research perspective.
The objectives of CERIS are to:
- analyse identified capability needs and gaps in the corresponding areas
- identify solutions available to address the gaps
- translate capability gaps and potential solutions into research needs
- identify funding opportunities and synergies between different funding instruments
- identify standardisation research-related needs
- integrate the views of citizens
Find more information about CERIS here.